The Only Course of its Kind in Canada.
The best work is often the result of an intense and in depth period of concentrated effort. This is also the way an actor makes significant gains in his overall abilities. If you’ve acted in the theatre, for example, you know how great a distance you travel and how much you progress in a 3 – 4 week rehearsal period. An acting intensive can have the same rewards.
The Intensive acting class at Centre for the Arts is designed for you to progress beyond what you thought possible and to do so in a short period of time. Over four weeks this November, working fifteen days in the month and six hours each day, you’ll work with a small handful of like-minded actors to develop your skills in working effectively – and successfully – in front of the camera.
In this class you’ll work with current film and television screenplays and master today’s realistic acting style. We’ll explore and work under typical filming conditions and learn to develop the strong personal centre that’s required. We’ll also explore in depth the audition, and how to master it.
We’ll work to develop your individual acting style and help you understand what you have to offer and how the camera perceives you. We’ll address all the questions you have about the work and becoming the actor you want to be. Another important benefit is having the time to be “relentless” – to work a scene or address an acting problem you may be facing over and over again until you’ve broken through. You’ll benefit as well from the familiarity of working with the group day after day. The need to “get it right” and impress your peers will drop away allowing you to access the skills you know you have.
- Focus on your “core” work
- Work at your own pace
- Perfect the types you audition for
- Work typical tv scenes
- Have maximum on-camera time
- Practice Icon Drills comprising typical tv moments
- Discover techniques and tricks needed to meet the demands of the tv industry
- Audition scenes to assimilate your class work into the audition format
- Appreciate the harmonious atmosphere conducive to best learning
- Learn Proper and Deliberate practice
- Develop your method of work through conscious participation
- Have the opportunity to stretch emotionally
- Realize the common aspirations and concerns of the other actors
- Examine what modern practices are most useful for you
Location: Roseneath Theatre
A month of work - Mon Wed Fri Sat - 10AM - 4PM
Nov 6, 8, 10, 11, 13, 15, 17, 18, 20, 22, 24, 25, 27, 29.
A photo and resume must be submitted before attendance can be confirmed.
$1850 (tax included), with a $250 non-refundable deposit due upon registration
Have any questions? Contact John